Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spots, Spots, Spots

This past weekend Miss Abigail started running a mild fever. Then a couple days ago, she started not wanting to drink anything and rubbing her ear. So, we took her to the doctor yesterday and thought she would be diagnosed with an ear infection......much to my delightful surprise her ears looked good and she "just" had a virus. Well, when she got up from her nap today and I noticed a few red blotches on her tummy which I thought was from her clothes pressing on her skin while sleeping. But, about an hour ago, I checked her tummy and there were MANY little red spots--yikes, I think we may be dealing with chicken pox. Oh, goodness!!!! Well, be praying for us in the days ahead.

Even without the chicken pox, things are pretty exciting around here these days. We have a lot of new teeth.....Josh and Ella each have 7 and Abby has 6. Ella and Josh continue to take quite a few steps, especially when they walk back and forth between Shane and I. They all say mom and dad. And Josh says dog, cat, duck and tries to say something that sounds like kitty, he also is starting to do the sign for "milk". Abby does the signs for "all done" and for "more". And Ella enjoys calling everything and anything "baby"...it is her favorite word (besides mom and dad).
They all enjoy playing peek-a-boo and they LOVE to eat food off my plate (too bad they didn't eat a little more, it might be a nice weight loss plan, hee hee).

I often get asked what it is like to have 3 kiddos at once....let me give you a little example....imagine trying to get all 3 kids from their bedroom to the living room. If you take one at a time that kiddo follows you back to the bedroom while you get the rest.....if you take 2 kiddos out to the living room then they both follow you back to the bedroom.....so the best option is to try to move 3 at once....much like moving pigs from one pen to the next (I grew up on a farm). Usually I carry one kiddo and try to coax the other 2 out into the hallway. When I see that last little kiddo cross the threshold, I quickly close the pigpen gate door. Mission accomplished!

3 Comments:

Blogger Troy & Sherry said...

wow..........if you can keep them from scratching - it is better when they get it while young so i hear :) love you friend

7:56 AM  
Blogger the rinehart's said...

We'll be thinking of you. Guess it will be nice to have it over with!!!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
It was good to hear how things are going, although sounds a bit crazy! From teething to chicken pox...and multiplied by 3?!?! I will be praying for you in the days ahead. Having grown up in the country myself, I got a big kick out of your pig comments! I could just picture you rounding up your little piggies! Take care.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home