Thursday, August 03, 2006

5 years ago

Five years ago this morning my fiance Stan, suddenly passed away...we would have been married the following week. I don't think there are any words that adequately express how I felt in those days and months that followed his death. I missed him. Yet, I was not alone. Never before had the Lord comforted my soul quite like that time in my life--my faith got me thru each day. I knew the Lord was sovereign and I witnessed His faithfulness on a daily basis. Overall, the most important thing I learned was that God is still good--even in the midst of a trial. I read a post on another blog (inthemidstofit.blogspot.com) this morning. Although I don't know the author of this blog, I agree with her completely, "Before this journey began, I'd experienced God's goodness in the mountains of life. Now I can say that He is also good in the depths....the Lord is good all the time."

There have numerous blessings from the Lord over the past five years.....here are five of my favorites:
1. Shane- my Godly, gorgeous, intelligent, gentle, patient, and humble husband. I love you so much Shane!!!!!
2. Abigail-my daughter
3. Elizabeth-my daughter
4. Joshua-my son
5. Godly Friendships- Since Stan died, I've deepened some friendships and made some new ones .....you know who you are :) .....


Here is a photo of Stan giving one of our Honduran patients a Bible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been five years. How full and blessed they have been for you!!
Gaylene

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home