Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ironing

This past week I ironed a couple clothing items for the kids for the first time. I couldn't help but think of my mom when I was doing this. I can picture her now in our kitchen ironing something for me to wear.....I can't imagine how many times she did this over the years for me. I love so much about my mom.....here are just a few things......she is a loving wife to my dad, she always started our days with a joyful attitude, she avoided talking negatively about others, she challenged me to make goals and knew that I could accomplish them, she sacrificed things so I could have things, she loves the Lord, she is an encourager, she is very attentive, she reaches out to others and is interested in them. I love so much about her, I'm glad that she is my mom.
So, I hope the ironing I did this past week is just the beginning of my journey to be a mom like my mom. I love you mom!

Thank you Lord that I am a mom this year. Last year I didn't know if I would ever be a mom and this year you blessed me beyond what I could have imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home