Sunday, January 08, 2006

Morning Thoughts

I've been awake since the early morning hours and I keep returning to the fact that God is so merciful. He has been merciful to our children. The x-rays this morning showed that Josh and Abigail continue to improve and that Elizabeth shows no signs of the infection. Thank you Lord. I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to see the eyes of your child after they have been really sick. The next few days continue to be critical so please continue your prayers.
The entire chapter of Lamentations 3 expresses what I've been feeling from Friday thru this morning. Let me share a few verses:

Lamentations 3:17-23, 32,33 My soul has been rejected from peace; I have forgotten happiness. So I say, "My strength has perished, and so has my hope from the Lord." Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness. Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me. This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness.......For if He causes grief, Then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness. For He does not afflict willingly....."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home